Monday, June 1, 2009

SHABBY COTTAGE MOSAIC a.k.a. PIQUE ASSIETTE

This is probably the best definition and translation I've read:

Pique Assiette - a french term meaning "stolen from plate." Pieces of broken china, pottery, glass, buttons, figurines, jewelry are cemented onto a base to create a new surface.

Almost any form can be used as a base, and any combination of pieces can be applied. The design is restricted only by the artist's imagination.

If you have wanted to make a Pique Assiette mosaic or haven't achieved desired result, perhaps my tips and methods may be helpful for you.

Check my How To Links on the left margin to see if there is a topic that could help you achieve your desired outcome.

As always, feel free to email me or leave a comment with any questions, or suggestion you have. I love hearing from you!

ciao,


No comments:



Related Posts with Thumbnails