Friday, March 19, 2010

A SHABBY PINK SATURDAY MORNING IN BED & THRIFTY FINDS

Good morning, Pinkettes & savvy bargin hunters! Today I thought it would be fun to share how I spend most (Pink) Saturday mornings with you.

I hop out of bed, (yep, I hop, I'm a morning person) ha!



...fire up my comp and toss my favorite mags on my bed (isn't it funny how they landed that way, you can actually see which ones they are ha!)



...get a piping hot cup of java...it's chilly this morning! brrrr...



...and pop back into bed. I'm all snuggly buggly and ready for the pink Saturday madness!



Some of you may remember my pretty pink blankie my mama knit for me! It's so thick and warm!


Golly, where is my manners! Would you like a thrifty tour?

Let's begin with my bedside table. The lamp is a Marshalls find, under $20.00 including the pink silk shade with lacey overlay! I'm sure some of you bargin hunters have seen this little electric clock in various thrift stores and vintage sales. I've had since I was 19 yrs old...yep only a few years ago *cough*



The tea cup & saucer is part of a 5-piece service for 8, plus covered butter dish, lided sugar bow, creamer S&P and large serving bowl..which was broken so it was in the Last chance isle in Ross $16.00. The white urn with faux roses make me smile, found it in a darling little shop near Denton, TX, $9.99.

The bedside table was origially in my daughter's bedroom, then I moved them into my mother/guest room. Speaking of bargin hunting, I've been hunting for a bedside that is at least 3" taller, this one is way too low and my bed is very high. I kept my original bombay style bed side tables, they are in the garage, unfortunately they too wide for this space, so this one will have to suffice for now. Ooop, sorry, I digress.

Onto the other side of the bed. On top of the chiffonier (a match to the end table) are some of my English porcelain rosy posies, ebay auction wins ($9.99 - $24.99); the cloche is a Marshalls find, $5.99. A PB cup cake pedestal 50% off, think it was $6 or $7.



The little sage green display case (Ross I think, $7.99) it houses some cherished gifts from loved ones. The cherub mirror was a Hobby Lobby find when I lived in Texas. It was originally a very gaudy gold! I shabbified it. Paid around $30.00 for it, it was marked down from $49.99.



See my little Sony Cyber-shot in the reflection? A gift from my SIL & daughter. She couldn't find one in pink, but the blue is pretty too. This is what it wants to be when it grows up...



dreamer, LOL!

Finally, we arrive at a close up of my cherub headboard. This was originally in my mothers/guest room too. I bought it back in the late 80's. Paid more for it than I care to admit ($350.00) ha! Bought it in some snooty furniture "boutique" in LA, nuff said.



My sleigh head and footboards are too large for this space, so they keep the bombay side tables company in the garage.

Now for a bit of shameless promotion. What can I say, I'm not immune. I am thrilled at how pretty these came out. You really can't go wrong with the lovely vintage French, English and Bavarian china.

Please note: no china plates were harmed in the proccess of creating the mosaics. They were all broken from natural clumsiness. ha!



I am a bit discouraged as no one has bought them yet. :( Or should I have said in an up beat and cheery sales pitch sort of way...They are available in my Etsy! ha! ;)

Ok, back to what's REALLY important...favorite zines...



....fresh coffee (Pete's Espresso Forte)....



...and most importantly.....



A girl has gots ta have her weekly pink fix!

Thanks so much for spending a (Pink) Saturday morning with me and looking at few of my thrify finds! Hope you enjoyed your visit!

I'm linking up with:

Our fabulous Beverly of How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday! Thanks so much for all your hard work, Beverly!



Cheers!

56 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Well, that was a delightful post ~ full of beautiful photos and lovely vignettes!

Fun visiting with you!
Kindly, ldh

Jonny said...

Beautiful room everything is so pretty that blanket looks so comfortable I love the cherub mirror and your trays are incredible Thank you for showing your pictures!!!Sincerely Jonny

Sylvia (at) Lily's Pad and Petals said...

LOVE your mirror - fab.

nancy said...

The guest room looks so cheery. I love the headboard and the end table. The mossic trays are gorgous. Happy PS.

Mari said...

HELLO AND HAPPY PINKY SATUDAY TO YOU....I LOVE YOUR PINK BLANKET AND THAT HEADBOARD IS BEAUTIFUL...WHAT A PRETTY ROOM...THANKS FOR SHARING....BIG SMILES COMING YOUR WAY :p

Char said...

That was so much fun and I enjoyed seeing how you wake up early and spend the morning, Happy Pink Saturday Tina and thanks for the tour. It was fun, Char

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a beautiful PINK room. Love it!

{oc cottage} said...

Sooooooooooooooo gorgeous!

m ^..^

Susan said...

Thoroughly enjoyed your tour, Tina. You are gracious (and talented) hostess with the mostess. The cherub bed and mirror are just darling. Everything is! Loved it. Sincerely, Susan

Susan said...

P.S. Tina. I'm surprised you don't have a copy of Victoria Magazine. It's just your style! Sincerely, Susan

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Such a lovely room. I would never leave, it's so warm and inviting and filled with PiNk beauty!

Happy Pink Saturday!

xxoo

Joyce said...

I love visiting your blog. It's always so pretty and cheerful.

Dawn said...

What a beautiful room Tina. I'm not a morning person though so I'll refrain from hopping and get all snuggled back in!
Hugs,
Dawn

Abramyan Avenue said...

Wow! Everything looks so peaceful and serene and cozy! I love it. Your lamp is so pretty and you've got most of my favorite magazines there too! Beautiful room! Wonderful post! Have a great weekend! -April

Nan said...

Well I was just caught up and cruising along enjoying your blog, what a pleasant experience.

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Hi tina!

Oh, I just love everything I see here! Beautiful!!

CC said...

Oh my!! Such a gorgeous room.. I specially loved the beautiful throw your mother knit for you. It's such a wonderful treasure.. Happy Pinks and have a wonderful weekend.

Gattina said...

What a pastel looking cosy home, all in pink and white. I have to laugh because I have just the opposite colors, red, orange, yellow ! But I too am a morning person after having been an evening person for years !

Ginger said...

Tina, what a delightful post and a wonderful array of pinks to wake up to, especially since we are having a blizzard here and your bed looks so sweet, warm and cozy. Thank you so much for sharing your sweet home with me. Looooove it all, especially your pink blankey your sweet Momma made you.

Ginger

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Tina,
I love your soft pink blankie; beautiful! I adore your mosaic trays too. You have a pretty bed and all your little knick-knacks are lovely. Thank you for your tour. I am needing my coffee too! Saturday mornings Hubby usually goes and gets me one from the coffee shop and I'm still waiting! Happy Pink Saturday to you and Happy first day of Spring too! Hope you have a beautiful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Your room is beautiful and full of great finds. You and I have the same zines. I have way too many. Have a super weekend. Happy Spring!!

Regina said...

How lovely!
Happy Pink Saturday Tina.
Enjoy the weekemd and springtime.

Cottage Rose said...

OH Tina your bedroom is so gorgeous,, and comfy and cozy,,, what lovely place to start the day... I have the same magazine's too funny... I am in love with your trays,,, can't believe they are still there,,,,where did you find the wood trays???? so loving the lamp,,,,, gorgeous!!!!
Have a Happy Pink Saturday weekend

Pink Hugs;
Alaura

Its So Very Cheri said...

Thar bedroom is delicious. I love that soft pink blanket.

Cheri

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

WOW!! I would stay in bed too in that beautiful room you have!! I need to take a morning like that!! My favorite zine is Romantic Country hands down!!
Debbie

Doni said...

Wow, so pretty! Love your flowered pillow cases too! The knit blanket your mother made is soooo sweet! That border is perfect!
Pretty blog!
Doni

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Ooooh, Tina, I didn't realize what an absolutely dreamy bedroom you have. I just love everything in it. Funny, I went to college (UNT) in Denton, TX. That cherub headboard is amazing, so don't you dare feel bad about what you paid for it! Love that cherub mirror, too. The rosie posies are beautiful ~ I didn't realize that some are so large ~ I have only seen the tiny ones! Very pretty vignettes you've created in your room. Shoot, if I had that bedroom, no one would see me ALL weekend!!

Happy PINK SATURDAY!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Denise Marie said...

Tina, love this post!! What a terrific spot and I love your big thick pink throw. All the cherubs are delightful. Girl, you would not believe how clumsy we've been around here. I just add it to the pile of stuff to mosaic tile. I could cover that big armoir in your living room with all my broken bits. lol

Susie Jefferson said...

I just love those mosaic trays... what a wonderful way to start a Saturday! I'm not a morning person but this would put even me in a good mood: coffee, lovely magazines, gorgeous presentation (and that blankie).

Happy Pink Saturday!

Maggie said...

This was a wonderful post! If that were my room, I'd never get out of bed!

Sorry for my late visit but glad I could get here and enjoy PS!

Happy PINKS!

In shoes we trust,
Maggie Mae
"Do these shoes match this purse?"

grannyann said...

Great tour - thanks for sharing.

Elyse said...

hello and happy pink saturday!

what a perfect morning - great magazines, peets coffee (yum) and that wonderfully pretty pink blanket!!!

~*~ happy spring ~*~

xo
elyse

Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Tina!

Fun Post! Love your thrifty style! The china mosaics are gorgeous!

Happy Pink Saturday!

love, kelee

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Tina,
I love the knitted afagan your Mom made! My goodness the patern is just so pretty and soft. I would love to have a copy of the pattern.
You post was so enjoyable to read and so full of beauty.
Take care and enjoy your day,
Hugs, Elizabeth

The Barnett Family said...

You mean the bed has other uses other sleeping....I cannot imagine getting to curl up in the bed with all my goodies. Your trays are sooo beautiful. Thanks for sharing all of your little pinks.

Blessings~
Tonya

Betty said...

I like where and how you spend Saturday mornings! Those trays are so pretty too!

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Happy PiNk, Tina..

I love the cherub mirror and your bed. I had a pretty white iron bed some twenty years ago...[back when I was near-er the age of 19] [really bad cough] haha.....gotcha...

I love the mosaic trays...I know someone is gonna come along and give them a great new home. ♥

Thanks so much for visiting..I love to hear from you..and thanks for sharing your morning routine for PiNk Saturday.

Hugs,
Stephanie ♥

Tracy F. said...

What a delightful post! (Sorry I'm late!) I love the pink blanket and the cherubs mirror and the cherubs headboard and... all of it! I'm a "magazine queen", too.

Sherry from Alabama said...

What a beautiful place to spend a Pink Saturday. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Lottie said...

Fabulous Pink Saturday! Thank you so much for this wonderful post!
Lottie

Light and Voices said...

I am a bit late in getting around to it but Sunday I had some time to spend looking at Pink Saturday posts. I certainly enjoyed your story and all the photographs. I adore your blog!
Joyce M

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

The cabinet and trays are lovely, Tina, and I love your taste in magazines! Happy P.S. (well, Sunday now, ;o) and you were my featured blog link because you are delightful.

awal.ny said...

Absolutely amazing beautiful pictures. I can't wait to see what is coming next. As a new blogger I am just thrilled each day as I find more and more women who like to decorate like me and have such wonderful ideas to pass on. Thank you.

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

What a lovely way to spend a Saturday morning! I love a good cup of Peet's too!

Jojo said...

Looks like a perfect Saturday morning. The blanket your mother knitted is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Love your pretty try. Happy Pink Saturday!!!

Charo

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

You found that cloche at Marshall's? Holy Moley! I've got to shop with you girl! FAB.U.LOUS!

Everything is sooo charming and pretty. And, I adore your posies.

Hugs,
Spencer

Denise Marie said...

Tina, I've already shared with you how much I love this post. come check me out...I tagged back to 1 of your recent posts today.

http://denisemarie-bloomin.blogspot.com/2010/03/reveal-some-art.html

Dru said...

Yes, I did thoroughly enjoy my visit - your room is lovely and your trays as usual are just gorgeous!! Thank you for stopping by - I'm late again this week - had my in-laws all weekend and here it is now Monday morning *sigh*. Happy Pink Saturday to you Tina.

Jade Creative said...

Tina, your work is magnificent *****
Such a lovely bedroom to spend your pink saturday in.
Thanks for visiting. Now to take a look at your etsy shop...
have a wonderful day!
darlene

Unknown said...

Tina, when I pick my jaw up off the floor ...

Absolutely wonderful! TY for the tour chambre.

Happy spring!
Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

The Stylish House said...

Tina,
You had me at your mama’s pink blankie! What a fabulous treasure! I've got to get me some pink so I can play on Saturday too!
Cathy

Simply Domestic said...

I love your post. I laughed out loud when you showed what your camera wants to be when it grows up....I can totally relate!

I love everything about your room. It makes me want to jump in bed with magazines and coffee...and a beautiful pink blanket!

Cindy said...

Waaaay too much beauty in one place-love your style and I have rooms screaming for these mosaic pieces and other luscious goodies!

Alaina said...

All I have to say is WOW. What beautiful pictures you have. I absolutely love the wreaths, I have definately added your blog to my watch list. Thanks for all the inspiration.

Bluebirds and Roses said...

Thank you for sharing.. Happy Easter & Happy Pink Saturday~



Related Posts with Thumbnails