Friday, March 19, 2010

I FINISHED THE MIRROR PROJECT ~ WANNA SEA?

Ok, a confession first....forgot the bloomin before photo....again! What is wrong with me? (that was rhetorical) ha!

You see, I get so busy gathering all my supplies before I begin my project, I forget to take the before photo. You've done it once or maybe twice...yes? (Lie to me ok! ha!)

So, I'm starting with the back and you need to try to imagine it has definition, okie dokie?!

Before (sorta kinda)



I call it, Neptune's Daughter



Filled with vintage baubles and seashells found nestled near the shore of remembrance



As she sits upon her throne, she dreams of a love lost forever



How her heart swelled with happiness when he held her close



One day he left promising to return to her

Each day she would watch the sea
hoping to spot him
sailing back to her

until she came to understand
he was lost forever



She still searches for him

\

but only finds mementos
that remind her of happier days
with him



She carefully placed each memento of love around her mirror



So that each day, when she gazes into the mirror
she sees herself wrapped in warmth of his love




*sniffle* I need a tissue.

Soooo corny ha! Sometimes corny is a good thing...yes? (again, feel free to lie! ha!)

Ok, I must dash off. I don't know about you, but I'm still trying to catch up on my visiting!

Don't tell anyone but...for a brief moment I considered using both the laptop and the desktop simultaneously so I could visit two at once. Knowing me, I'd probably do something idiotic like mix up the comments...BABY?? WHAT BABY DOES SHE MEAN??!! ha!

As I said to a dear friend the other day, I'm just a boob going through life without malice...or a net! ;)

Thanks so much for spending some time with me!


I'm linking up with:

The fabulous Cindy @ My Romantic Home for Show & Tell Fridays. Just click her button for the express back!



Cheers!

31 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Tina! I don't think that I have ever seen anything as lovely as this mirror. The thought that you put into creating it is beyond comment. Every little bauble, shell, stone and mermaid that you put into the design tells such a lovely story.
I don't think your story is corny at all, it's sweet and charming.

I can imagine the time that went into creating the mirror.....it's pretttttttttttttttttttie!

hugs
Sissie

Kathi said...

This post and your mirror are absolutely beautiful! I've never seen anything so pretty! It is just wonderful!

Debbiedoos said...

OK...that was stunning, truly a work of art. It looks gorgeous!!~

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love, love, love that mirror. You are awesome. I love your story, too. You have inspired me with your creativity.

Sue said...

Tina, This turned out so nicely! Love all the shells and the baubles. This is unique to you so you won't have to worry about "offending" anyone. LOL
hugs, Sue

The Muse said...

Your work of art and the story...is capturing my heart this morning!
Glorious indeed....
now, i am dreaming of the sea!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Beautiful and very creative! ~Patti

Maravonda said...

This is just amazing and quite romantic! Very inspiring, as well! I would love to try something like this...

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Tina,
A lovely mirror with a lovely story attached to it! You always inspire me! I have mentioned you in my Pink Saturday post for tomorrow; hope you don't mind! Enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Mari said...

LOVE THE WAY YOUR BEAUTIFUL MIRROR TURNED OUT, AND THE ROMANTIC LITTLE STORY TOO.....HAHA!!!

Gaia said...

Beautiful Mirror and an equally beautiful tale, too! Have a great weekend!

nancy said...

The mirror and its poetry is very clever. You are a truly gifted with the design. I could never do as well as you did. Have a great weekend.Nancy

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Very awesome story! And a gorgeous mirror! I love it!

seanymph said...

This is just what a mermaid like me would need in her home. Great Idea!

Sylvia (at) Lily's Pad and Petals said...

One word - STUNNING.

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! I'd be too busy and enchanted with looking at all of the prettiness to look in the mirror! :)

Thanks for visiting,
Ann Marie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love it! I saw a wreath with shells on it at Tues. Morning recently and thought about buying it and add vintage jewelry, but it was more than I wanted to spend.

Anonymous said...

Tina,

That mirror just might be THE MOST FANTASTIC thing I've seen! Now I have that weird little gut ache I get when I see something I WANT! I think that's called lust--you know, when you want something someone else owns?? in which case it is SIN! Help!
:)

Tania said...

Hi tina, its adorable, what a beautiful piece of art, your very talented. Have a great weekend.

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely Bee-You-Tee-Full! What a great post! I dropped in from "My Romantic Home" and am so happy that I did because I am a new follower. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day soon when you get a moment. until later...

Susan said...

Tina, what an absolutely awesome mirror and story! You are SO TALENTED and I'm not whistling Dixie! Thanks for sharing your marvelous talent. Sincerely, Susan

{oc cottage} said...

BEYOND amazing!

m ^..^

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

You did a fabulous job! Great story too!

Cottage Rose said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE!!! THAT MIRROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are so talented girl friend.....

Hugs;
Alaura

grannyann said...

your mirror is beautiful, I love it!

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Very pretty, and I love the pink Saturday post and new banner!

xoxoxo
Sandy

Creations By Cindy said...

I really like this! What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing. be blessed. Cindy

The Stylish House said...

Tina,
Projects like this are exactly why I stalk your blog. I LOVE IT!
Cathy

Rebecca Nelson said...

I have a surprise for you! Go to my BLOG! Quick!

xoRebecca

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Tina,
Thanks soooo much for coming to my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...luv your beautiful mirror makeover...it's so stunning!

Blessings,
Linda

Cindy said...

Alright! I am completely dazzled by this most amazing creation. I have never-in-my-life seen a more beautiful mirror. WOW!!!!!



Related Posts with Thumbnails