Monday, July 5, 2010

ANTIQUES AND COLLECTABLES ~ ALAMEDA ANTIQUE AND COLLECTABLE FAIR

Once again I must preface with...you gotta KNOW me by now! I'm gonna muck it up some how! So here is the how.

My darling son-in-law bought me a memory thingy for my camera that allows me take 300 photos instead of just 25-35. Yippee! I'm all set...yes?! Ummm nope, I forgot to check the battery and the rest of my afternoon went something like this:

GASP at something so amazingly fabulous....quickly reach into my purse for the camera, then (insert expletive of your choice). *sigh* :(

I did manage the first 4 rows of the left side of the faire only! So here we go...

Never found out how much this chandy is, but I so heart it!




These pretty crystal lamps were $22.00 each. Would look so pretty on a dressing or bedside table.



This chandy took my breath away!



as did this incredible pair...



This booth was jammed with people! The had lovely linens and vintage bedding....



and loads of burlap fabric and burlap pillows. This one was 16"x16" and a $99 price tag.



This buffet was really stunning. Painted in the prettiest shade of grey. Sadly, the photo so did not do it any justice at all.



I so wanted this table, love the unique legs, $350.00



and this one, also $350.00



these nesting tables were gorgeous $200 something, I think



this every so charming washstand was painted the softest aqua and accented with pretty cottage pink roses. It was only $22.00 and had a sold sign...*sigh*



Love the pretty seashell covered box, $65.00



Need some cast iron cookware? You can fry up the bacon or klonk a burglar ha!



These were popular, practically on every row.



I so heart this tiered wire basket, but at $165.00 a wee bit out of my budget.



These were $10.00 each. This vendor had not only these pretty amethyst but clear and amber as well.



Some colorful glassware and fabulous frames



Pretty in pink amongst all the red..



Gorgeous blues



As I was walking back to my car, someone passed me carrying this pretty..



Doesn't this just make you want to dye your hair platinum blond and put a fake beauty mark at the corner of your mouth?! ha!



These were interesting but I'm not sure what I would do with them...



Isn't she great?!



This is the one I so wanted to bring home!



Loads of white mirrors in all shapes and sizes



I fell in love with this one, $85.00



Lots of great signs, this was the first one I came across...then of course my battery croaked grrrrr



Love these! There were two teens girls spelling out their boyfriend names until the mom said to one of the girls "you have a different boyfriend every few weeks!" Daughter's reply, "good point". ha!



I know, it's a spittoon, but it was faublous



look at the feet! He wanted $625 *cough*!?



Barnyard animals anyone? Apparently the goats were in big demand, he sold out of them.



Did I miss that memo...goat sculptures in big demand. I can't help but wonder...why!

These foo dogs were $165 each. Me so likey! They weighted a ton!



Beautiful swan planter



Giddyup!



And these fabulous guys were peeking out from behind the pony ha!



Great watering cans!



And I so wanted this tool box, it was $25.00, I completely forgot to go back for it! sheez!



Pretty blue colonial $270 I think



came with family and furniture!



I have a thing for clocks. This one I could live with quite happily, thank you very much! Outta range at $325 ha!



Here's a pink heart clock for the pinkettes!



How faublous is this!?



Too bad it wasn't in working condition. $275.00



I loved these bracelets! Wish I would have bought one!



Now, if you are wondering if I brought anything home with me, I'll show you what I got in my next post. ha! *cheeky grin* ;-p

I'm so sorry to say that there were some really amazing and fabulous items I could't take a photo of! I hope to go back next month (with a full battery) and I promise I'll make up for my faux pas!

If there is ANYTHING at all you'd like me to scout out for you, please let me know in the comments!

Thank you so much for visiting me today!

Wishing you and your loved one have a very safe and very happy 4th!



Cheers!

15 comments:

Jojo said...

That clock is gorgeous and what a deal on the washstand!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Thanks for making me drool this morning!!!! I cannot believe all the beautiful things. I would be in awe and probably end up buying as much as I could.
Thanks for the lovely photos.

hugs
Sissie

Char said...

Hi sweet Tina, I don't know if it's me, but I have missed you and haven't visited in what seems like months. You have been up to "very good" my friend. I now see how you are spending your time....having such fun. I love all that you showed us and maybe it's a good thing that your battery went to sleep. If I had to see anymore beauty, I would have to come for a visit....and might not want to leave!!! What a perfect way to spend the day. I love it all, some great deals, but some high prices too. Cant' wait until you go back. So good to see you, Char

Crystal said...

Let's see....I have to play the lottery to win....right??? I loved all the goodies!!!! How awesome. I think I would need an unlimited budget!!!!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Wow, I sure am happy that you got these photos...shopping without temptation!!! What a great day you must have had...

May I ask a favor of you and your readers...not for me though...I blogged about a Mom who lost her son recently...he was defending us in Iraq...her email address is on this blog post...thank you so very much!!!

http://thoughtfullyblendedhearts.blogspot.com/2010/07/have-you-honored-fallen-hero.html

Susan said...

Holy cajolie! You must have had a fabulous time looking at all those treasures. Some of the prices were...yikes....steep. But loved looking at all of them. Thanks for taking all those photos and sharing them. Susan

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wow so gorgeous and thanks for the great tour! Your photos were very good so next time make sure that battery is charged...that sounds like something I would do! LOL. Love that washstand....so many beautiful things.

June said...

Oh WOW!!! Tina I'm so glad that you got the pictures you got! I am so in the mood for a good flea market. I can't belive that darling little washstand for 22 dollars! It looks like you must have had a great time. Thank you for taking us along.
hugs

grannyann said...

What beautiful things! Many years ago I had one of those shell jewelry music boxes. $65......I don't think it is still in my possession.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, with the exception if the sink this was a pricey sale, but most of the fun is looking.

Carol

Doni said...

Hi Tina! Wow! What fun!! Looks like I could have spent a fortune there....if I owned one! Hope you had a wonderful time, and thanks so much for sharing all those wonderful pics with us! I loved all the eye candy!!!
Blessings, Doni

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Wow Tina, How lucky you are to have such a fabulous flea market!! Our last market never thought about being that good and went away to make room for a Lowe's :-(
All the chadys are stunning! I blogged about a mirror I repainted just like the rose one a few weeks ago (small world).
Thanks for showing me the goodies!
Bella

Vintage Porcelain Art By Amy Enright said...

I LOVED my visit to your blog!
Thank you for sharing!
Amy

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Tina,
I have been wanting to go to Alameda flea market for some time now...
A bit pricey but really nice things!. I can't wait to see what you bought.
Its a lovely day here in Menlo Park.
Elizabeth

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Tina; OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo what a fun place to go... I see so many many pretties that I would have loved to bring home...... gosh what a wonderful flea market.... thanks for sharing it with us... it was fun,,,,

Hugs;
Alaura



Related Posts with Thumbnails