Wednesday, October 13, 2010

ANOTHER SILVER LEAF PROJECT ~ GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS!

Hi you! I hope all is well with your world! So sweet of you to see what I've been up to.

I'm still on my silver/silver leaf craze! Want to see my most recent transformation? Well, get cozy and read on then! ;)

When I was at Home Goods, I spied this piece....


Great antlers, love the form but the gaudy gold made him look so dated and I moved on.

A few isles later a vision suddenly *popped* in my head. Oh joy oh joy! Transformation time! I turned around post-haste and snatched him up!

When I got him home I gave him a coat of Kilz primer in white, let it dry and sanded down some rought spots and splatters (got a bad nozzle on this can! Don't you absolutely HATE that?!....grrrrrrrr!)



I though he looked rather nice all white with some "antiquing" and almost stopped there. But decided to press on with my original vision.

Here is his finished coat in Heirloom White.



Once he was dry, I applied Mona Lisa Silver Leaf....



I KNOW you are thinking...."she's going to cover him in silver leaf"







Sorry, no ha! Gotcha! haha! Just want his antlers to stand out!

Once the sizing was dry, I cleaned off the excess and VOILA! here he is in all his silver leaf'ed glory....





You'll have to wait until Christmas to see him in his holiday vignette.

I think he looks very cool; simple, sleek and sophisticated, don't you?



I've been thinking about giving him a red nose for a bit of whimsy, but not sure if that would be totally chic or totally corny ha! Guess we'll have to wait until I decorate for the holidays to find out! heehee!

I hope you enjoyed your visit! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be out and about to see your latest!

Wishing you and yours much love and happiness!

I'm hooking up with these fabulous hosts! Pop over and have a look at the other very clever bloggers!

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden



giveaways

Cheers!

14 comments:

Mari said...

HELLO TINA,

WHAT A GREAT TRANSFORMATION, HE LOOKS SOOO MUCH BETTER NOW!!! LOVE HIS SILVER ANTLERS :)THAT WAS A GREAT TOUCH :) THANKS FOR SHARING :)

XOX~MARI

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Tina!
He looks very sophisticated wearing those silver antlers!

Great job.

hugs
Sissie

Char said...

Hi sweet Tina, I always love it when you post, because you are so creative and do the prettiest things. Who would have thought, but he is beautiful with his silver antlers. I can't wait to see the vignette, Char

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love it! If not a red nose, how about silver?

Carol

Susan said...

Oh Tina! Gor-ge-ous. Your deer is absolutely fabulous.You did a totally awesome job. Love him! I was also so happy to see your post. I was missing you. Susan

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh Tina, what a wonderful transformation; love his silvery antlers! Now you've got me thinkin!

Blessings,
Sandi

NanaDiana said...

Tina-That is one handsome and studly looking fellow you got there! He looks soooo much better in the white and I am LOVING those silver antlers. I'll bet all the girls will tell him that!?) Diana

Wendy said...

Oh!! I love it. I was glued to each picture anxiously awaiting to see what he looked like in silver leaf...I love that you just did his antlers! He is stunning.
Wendy

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

I love it, how pretty... you are so talented and creative all the tiem.

mo said...

If you give him a red nose...make sure it is foil red. Your work is stunning and inspiring.
*hugs*

mo said...

p.s. I am your newest follower. I found you over at Susan's Writing Straight from the Heart.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

TINA! That is a FAB.U.LOUS makeover. I'd have passed that homely little fella right up. He's glorious now. Great job chickie!

Hugs,
Spencer

Let it Shine said...

He is super cute!! Love the silver leaf, that stuff rocks!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Love how you re-made the reindeer ~ so chic now! I've got such a thing for little deer and am amassing quite a nice little collection. I may just need to make another run to Home Goods! :0)

Happy PS!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents



Related Posts with Thumbnails