Friday, November 12, 2010

WHADDA YA THINK?! MY PEACOCK WANTS TO KNOW!

Greetings! So lovely of you to stop by!

I need your help with a scientific test! Nah, just kidding, but how about a bit of fun though! I do hope you will participate *batting eyelashes* ;)

I picked up this sad, very blasé peacock a while back.


I saw the potential but couldn't decide which way I wanted to go to achieve my vision.

I could use this...


or this



I've been (slowly) applying silver leaf to this horsey head



and really like the results so far.

Here are a pair of lamps and a frame I spray painted metallic silver.





I was very pleased with the results.

So here is my peacock today...



From very blasé to olay...yes!?



Yep, I bought two. Really helps with the before and afters...no? ha! Actually, I'm thinking of painting the other one white with a bit of antiquing, but that's for another post ha!

So then, which product did I use? Well darling, that's where you come in! I'd like it very much if you would vote which on you think it is.

I am NOT doing this for any corporation or being paid to do this; notice I've not used the products names or manufacturers in text. I am doing this purely to share the result with all of you.

Here's a few more visuals to aid you...






The poll is located at the top of my side margin. The poll ends on Wednesday, November 17th. I will reveal the method to my madness on Thrusday, November 18th post.

It will be interesting to see what everyone decided. Even though you are making your judgement via photos, those who have seen the peacock in person had a bit of trouble deciding.

Thank you so much for participating! You are a darling!

FYI, this is the primer I use under the silver leaf for the horsey project and for the metallic spray paint too. I didn't use any primer on the peacock since it was already a nice dark grey!



I'm linked up with:





Stay safe and warm!

Cheers!

18 comments:

Char said...

Tina, you never cease to amaze me my friend. The peacock looks great in the silver leaf and only you and your wonderful talent could have thought of that. Char

Designs on 47th Street said...

Okay I voted, but I already think I voted wrong...lol! We can change our mind, right?

Very fancy peacock to be sure! I love all you have done with the paint and the silver leaf. I have never worked with silver leaf before.

Susan said...

Tina, you wonderfully talented diva. What a GORGEOUS peacock! Truly, you did an outstanding job of transformation. Your wreath is a winner, too! Good for you! Susan

Anne Fannie said...

Tina, they all look beautiful! What a beautiful peacock!
Ann

Mari said...

HELLO TINA,

I LOVE YOUR SILVER LEAF PEACOCK!! WHAT A BEAUTY SHE TURNED OUT TO BE :)YOUR ONE TALENTED CHICA DEE :)

XOX~MARI

NanaDiana said...

Well, Now I am really confused. The peacock is sprayed, right? And not silver leafed? Yes..yes..I AM a blond..why do you ask? Okay I am going to vote on what I think!!! hugs- Diana

nancy said...

Love th silver.. Peacock looks grear!
Have a good weekend.
Nancy

Arabella said...

Beautiful peacocks!! I'm dropping by from Metamorphosis Monday.

Hope you have a great week.

Marie
http://www.SallyLeeByTheSea.com

Kim said...

Hi Tina,
Everything is wonderful. I especially love the lamps and the picture frame. I have so many projects I would like to tackle. I will not be afraid to use the silver spray paint now that I have seen how wonderful it turns out. Thank you.
Kim
http://kim-lettersfromtheshore.blogspot.com

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Very neat product! It really dresses things up! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :)

Cheri said...

Hmmm, I'm gonna go with silver leaf! So pretty! Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm your newest follower!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Such a great makeover. Love the peacocks and yes I guess they were a little plain. I will vote. I think it is the spray. Thanks so much for linking up. Please add my link to your post so others can find the party, too.

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Stopping by from Kim's Boring to Better party!! Amazing how the silver leaf really brought out the detail on the tail! Beautiful!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

I love it!..did you use the primer Metallic spray...
You have the best ideas...
Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

Love the peacock! I have been into metallics myself. I voted silver leaf.

Honey at 2805 said...

You are so talented! I love the silver leaf. And the florette wreaths are stunning.

Anonymous said...

I say spray and then rub in with some black polish or your choosing. It would highlight the bits in the tail plume. Good luck either way. Beautiful blog. Tammy

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Wow...the peacock look great. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Sherry@Back2Vintage



Related Posts with Thumbnails