Monday, August 3, 2009

TODAY'S THRIFTY TREASURERS AND METAMORPHOSIS MONDAY ~ A PIECE OF THIS AND THAT

Today I am participating in both and Today's Thrifty Treasures every Monday, hosted by the fabulous Rhoda at Southern Hospitality and Metamorphosis Monday, hosted by the fabulous Susan at Between Naps on the Porch! Thank you both for hosting such a fun weekly event!

Before we begin, I just need to say that since I started blogging just about 2 months ago I have had the pleasure of meeting so many wonderful, creative, and clever people! I wish I could adequately express how grateful I am to have been so warmly received how much I cherish the kindness each of you have extended to me! I am truly touched! Thank you so much! Warm hugs to each and everyone!

My first offering is a brief metamorphosis of a vintage broken china mosaic table. I found this table at Ross for $19.99 (I bought two)...

design and layout....

adhering the nipped china tiles...

to grouting....

to a finish!

Photobucket

Next, I wanted to find some inexpensive frames that I could transform into chalkboards. I found this 19.5" X 16.5" Magnetic Chalk Board Ross for $7.99 (I bought 3). I didn't have to spend money on the chalkboard paint and BONUS..magnetic too! *doing happy dance*! A while back I scored a huge supply of Oceanic Glass on Ebay, I got 40 pounds for around just around $50.00, not including shipping. I used only a tiny fraction of this beautiful glass on this piece.

Basic magnetic chalk board, wee bit sad; but I had a vision....

Oceanic Glass is so beautiful, I added some of these....

and a few more of these....

and Voila, my Mackenzie-Childs inspired frame!


If you would like to see more detailed instruction on how to create a broken china mosaic, I offer all my how to's and helpful hints links located at the top of my left side bar.

You are a darling for spending some time with me today! Thank you!

I will be out and about viewing all the fabulous finds and wonderful transformation all the wonderful participants have posted for both Today's Thrifty Treasurers and Metamorphosis Monday! Everyone is welcome; join us won't you?!

Have a great week!

47 comments:

brokeintrovert said...

I love your work.

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Tina, your transformations are stunning! You have some serious talent. I LOVE the chalkboard. It would look so fun in a playroom. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

These pieces are beautiful! You are amazing!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

I know I have said it before. You are fabulously creative and everything looks wonderful.

Kammy said...

Hi Tina !
I love your work - so pretty !
I could look at it all day !!!

Hugs ~ Kammy

abnsigoslady said...

Tina,

I love the chalkboard. It is so...pretty. Laura@the mansion

Signing Out said...

These are just beautiful, Tina! Your work is amazing!

Jane

Unknown said...

Oh they are beautiful! I love them!

~Liz

Jenny Froh said...

Absolutely fabulous!!! WOW!

Unknown said...

Wow!! Very beautiful!!!

Terry said...

Thanks for showing us. I'm fascinated by mosaics. We have a couple of big ones outdoors in our neighborhood. I go out of my way to see them.

Carol said...

Tina,
Your table is absolutely gorgeous! I've always wanted to try doing that!

Char said...

Tina, I wish we were neighbors!!! I have read your tutorials and want to give it a try.........I have to admit, I am fence sitting....I promise to do it tho, you keep me inspired, Char

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Am about ready to attempt my very first mosaic & wanted to that you for teh detailed tutorials Tina...I feel more confident about the project now.

Carolyn said...

Great work! I love the table.

Carolyn

the wild raspberry said...

your table is soooooo pretty~i would love to try making one of these...
chasity

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous! That table is absolutely stunning.

Shirley said...

I love your tables you made from the broken dishes. Truly beautiful. You have quite a talent. Looks like something I'd like to try. I'm going back to see your tutorials.

Roeshel said...

Those are just so beautiful! I love your talent and skill. As usual - great job. :)

Roeshel

Anonymous said...

Oh my I loved everything you did. I would love to do the mosaic glass topper I have never attempted it thinking I would truly mess up!

Blessings,

Linda

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Your table is just gorgeous! And the colors in the frame are stunning. Someday I hope to find the time to try mosaics. It's such an interesting art form.

★Carol★ said...

Oh girl, you put us all to shame! That's the prettiest chalkboard on the face of the earth! And that table. Oh that table! The ruffled edges are what really make it a standout! You are a true artist!
Have a great day!
Carol

Deanna said...

Tina,
This is absolutely beautiful what you have created!
Very nice and inspiring.
So glad I have checked out your met monday.
Enjoying this site so much with all the neat ideas.
This is my first week to post!
Blessings to you from Kansas,
d

Connie said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, I appreciate your comments.
I have recently come across your blog and I must say that you do beautiful work with mosaics. I love how feminine your finished projects are.

Hugs,
Connie

Michelle said...

Love how you fixed the broken table, in fact I think I like it better with your design then the original!

And the chalkboard is wonderful..so cute and practical too.

Annie Jeffries said...

As usual, gasping with surprise at and love for your creations. It is always so much fun to visit here and see what you have made anew.

DesignTies said...

Your mosaic work is fabulous, Tina!! Love the tiles you used on the frame... and the antique china table-top is beautiful & feminine (even Brian - a boy[!!] - liked it!)!!

Thanks for your wonderful comments on my recent post. Yes... we're very happy with the transformation of our nesting tables! And yes, Brian does a fab job on ALL the renovations of our little house. :-)

Take care,
Victoria @ DesignTies

NicNacManiac said...

Sooo pretty!!! your mosiacs are just fabulous. The magnetic board is really great with the deeper coloured tile!!

Anonymous said...

Your work is so beautiful.

Willow

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What beautiful work you do!! I hope to learn to do this someday! I have been saving some broken china to someday use. I just hope I don't die before I get it done and my kids find that box of broken china, they would think I had really lost it! LOL!

Katherine

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Whoa! Those are gorgous!!

The Stylish House said...

Tina,
Both are wonderful, but I love the chalkboard frame especially. So vibrant and colorful. Happy Met Monday.
Cathy

Dawn said...

Wow, the frame is so different than what I'm used to seeing from you. Different but just as beatiful!
Dawn

Unknown said...

#1 - I love the table.
#2 - You are about a creative lady. I am so impressed. This is my first visit to your blog. I came here from Rhoda's and certainly will be back.

Charla

grannyann said...

Oh my gosh I love that chalk board. I never heard of Oceanic glass. You did a marvelous job. Plus those tables are something else.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I always look forward to your posts, as I know something magically beautiful is going to appear!
Brenda

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

You are a true artist! BEautiful! Linda

Martha said...

What wonderful treasures. I've seen broken plates used on tables but not "put back together" -- that is charming!

Love the chalk board as well.

Decor To Adore said...

Your metamorphasis using china looks great~ well done.

Have a blessed day!

Creekmore's said...

Wow, that's beautiful!

Debra from Bungalow said...

Your pieces are so beautiful and inspiring. I think I'll have to try to making a mosaic piece again.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty! You are very talented.

blushing rose said...

Speechless! I love the first best but they are both gorgeous. TTFN ~Marydon

ImagineCozy said...

I have not been to your blog before --- and when I first saw your table top, it took my breath away. It is stunning! And as I looked further realized this is something that you do. I am so impressed.

Beautiful work.
Angela

Anonymous said...

Tina,

What metamorphosis! I am fascinated by your talent!

Shauna said...

Very pretty!

Charmingdesigns said...

I just love this!!! Laurie



Related Posts with Thumbnails