Thursday, March 15, 2012

Photo Fun, Art on a Budget

Greeting friends! Always a thrill to have you stop by! Hope you had a good week. It sure flew by for me. How about you? Sure hope it slows down for the weekend...yes?
I enjoy creating things, wreaths, broken china mosaics, embellishing photo frames, and so forth. But I cannot sketch to save my soul! I so admire people who can. My sister is one. You may have noticed the "Swans" on my side bar.

Yea, she painted that. She's so bloody talented.

A while back, a friend took this shot of me via cam (unknow to me...I was just blathering on lol)


and surprised me with this....

Well, today I was playing about with the photo features in Photobucket. I was trying to figure out how he did that sketch. I tried all kinds of different effects, all disasterous. But while I was at it, I decided to try out the Pop Art feature on the sketch. Here's how it turned out.

I like how it turned out, maybe tweak the colors a bit. Anyway, I also tried an effect called Fresco. Didn't work well at all on people photos but did well on these:
I actually like it. Possibly play with it a bit more. Might be fun to enlarge a few and see how they look on the wall. Sign it, frame it, hang it! lol.
What do you think? Have you played around with the photo effect? Are you using the results in your decor? Let me know what you think!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

I'm hooking this post up with:

Show and Tell Fridays @ My Romantic Home

Have a lovely, safe and warm weekend! Be well!

Cheers!



Clip it!

2 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That looks cool--I need to learn how to do that stuff!

NanaDiana said...

I soooo need to learn how to do those things! Great picture of you, by the way! And fun to play with it. One of my favorites ever taken of me was taken at my son's wedding when I was holding my granddaughter and talking to someone. I think those candid shots are the best ones, don't you?

Hope you have a great weekend-xo Diana



Related Posts with Thumbnails